Welcome to CodyModa!
- Information from merchants
What information do we collect from merchants and why?
We collect your name, company name, address, email address, phone number(s) and payment details (for example, your credit card information).
- We use this information to provide you with our Services; for example, to confirm your identity, contact you, provide you with advertising and marketing, and invoice you. We also use this information to make sure that we comply with legal requirements.
- We collect data about the shopping websites that you visit. We also collect data about how and when you access your account. Including information about the device and browser you use, your network connection, your IP address, and information about how you browse through.
- We use this information to give you access and improve our Services; for example, to make our platform interface easier to use. We also use this information to personalize the Services for you. Finally, we may use this information to provide you with advertising or marketing.
- We collect personal information about your customers that you share with us or that customers provide while shopping or during checkout.
- We use this information to provide you with our Services and so that you can process orders and better serve your customers.
- Where we need to verify your identity (for example, if there are concerns around identity theft, or if you call into support and we need to authenticate your account), we may request that you provide us with government-issued identification information.
- We use some of the personal information you provide us to conduct some level of automated decision-making -- for example, we use certain personal information to help us screen accounts for risk or fraud concerns.
- We will also use personal information in other cases where you have given us your express permission.
- When do we collect this information?
- We collect personal information when you sign up for our Services, when you access our Services or otherwise provide us with the information.
- We also partner with third parties who provide us information about merchants or prospective merchants, for example to help us screen out merchants associated with fraud.
- When and why do we share this information with third parties?
- CodyModa works with a variety of third parties and service providers to help provide you with our Services and we may share personal information with them to support these efforts.
- We may also share your information in the following circumstances:
- to prevent, investigate, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our Terms of Service or any other agreement related to the Services, or as otherwise required by law.
- to help us conduct marketing and/or advertising campaigns.
- to conform to legal requirements, or to respond to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- When do we collect this information?
- We collect this information when you use or access a store that uses our Services, such as when you visit a merchant’s site, place an order or sign up for an account on a merchant’s site.
- We also collect this information when you opt into CodyModa Pay, or use CodyModa Pay to pre-fill your checkout information.
- Additionally, we partner with third parties who provide us information about our merchants’ customers, for example to help us screen out merchants associated with fraud.
- In compliance with relevant privacy and data protection requirements.
- Security of your personal information.
Control over and access to your personal information
CodyModa understands that you have rights over your personal information, and takes reasonable steps to allow you to access, correct, amend, delete, port, or limit the use of your personal information. If you are a merchant or a partner, you can update many types of personal information, such as payment or contact information, directly within your account settings. If you are unable to change your personal information within your account settings, or if you are concerned about data collected as you visit CodyModa’s websites or enjoy our products, please contact us to make the required changes. If you are a merchant’s customer and wish to exercise these rights, please contact the merchants you interacted with directly -- we serve as a processor on their behalf, and can only forward your request to them to allow them to respond. It’s important to remember that if you delete or limit the use of your personal information, the Services may not function properly.
- How to contact CodyModa!
If you would like to make a legal request, or serve a subpoena or similar document seeking information about our merchants, their stores, or other parties whose data we process, please review our Guidelines for Legal Requests.